Looking for cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania (PA)? We can help!
Type in your zip code above and get an instant car insurance quote. Before you go and get a quote, here’s some tips on how you can save on car insurance.
How to get cheap car insurance in PA
Get multiple quotes. Last time you bought insurance you probably compared 2-3 insurance companies in PA. That was a mistake. The more companies you compare the better. We recommend comparying 5-8 companies. Comparing companies doesn’t take a lot of time with our free quotes tool above, but it’ll give you the biggest savings. How much you pay for insurance can easily differ 30% between companies, so finding the cheapest company is a numbers game. The more you compare the more you can save!
Pay yearly. Paying upfront for an entire year isn’t going to be cheap, but it’s one of the best ways to save money long term. You can easily save 10-20% by paying upfront. A nice benefit of this is you won’t have to think about insurance for an entire year!
Ask for a discount. Most people are eligible for a disocunt for one reason or another, especially if you work for a mid sized or larger company. Talk to your insurance agent and ask if you’re eligible for any discounts, you’d be surprised.
Take a safety driving course. Taking a safety driving course can save you up to 10% on insurance, which afters years will add up to a lot! How much of a discount you get will depend on the insurance company; we recommend asking your insurance company how much of a discount they can offer you.
That depends on your car, driving experience, location and coverage.
Auto Insurance Requirements in Pennsylvania
- Bodily injury limit : $15,000 per person or $30,000 per accident
- Property damage: $5,000
- Medical benefits : $5000
- Tort coverage: Full or Limited
Auto insurance requirements for PA or not sufficent for a serious accident. We highly recommend you get more coverage then the required minium, especially for medical benefits. Even a very minor accident can cost more then the required minium.
How are car insurance rates calculated in PA?
Car insurance rates are calculated in PA like they are in most states, here’s what companies look at:
- Driviers age. Teenage driver in PA can expect to pay much more than adults.
- Drivers gender. Women pay less than men, especially teenagers. As the discprency starts disaparing as men age
- Your car. What type of car you drive will have a big impact on your rates. A flashy sports car is going to be much more expensive then a sedan.
- Your coverage. The more coverage you need to more you’ll pay. We recommend more coverage, even if you’ll have to pay a higher preimum.
- Your location. If you live in the city expect to pay more, then if you live in a rural location
- Driving experience. This usually ties into with age, but not always. Having more driving experience means you’ll usually pay less ( If you didn’t get into accidents!)
Tired or reading? Type in your zip code above to get car insurance quotes in PA! Have more questions about insurance in PA? Check out the official DMV site. Looking for auto insurance in another state? Check out autoinsurancemonkey.com if you need cheap car insurance in NJ. If you’re looking for very cheap car insurance with no deposit we also recommend taking a look.